The Economic Value of Off-Site Construction
WPI Economics created a report for Heathrow Airport analysing the economic benefits of an increased take-up of off-site construction.
To create this report, we employed a comprehensive methodology:
– We conducted a literature review of existing analyses;
– We conducted an original in-depth investigation of current data on productivity, skills and GVA in the construction sector and the national economy;
– We conducted economic modelling to produce top line figures;
– We interviewed stakeholders to build detailed case-studies to apply the theory to contemporary situations; and
– We assessed the circumstances to provide robust policy recommendations.
The report was provided with infographics of the key findings to present the research in an engaging manner and allow the findings to be shared on digital platforms, and was published alongside a shorter and shareable Social Shorthand with key insights from our findings.
To read the report, please click here.
What we do
We work with clients on thought leadership, economic consulting, and public policy design.
How we work
We use economic methods and our policy expertise to design solutions and deliver insightful results.
What makes us different
We use a small and flexible core team, supported by a network of associates to bring sector-specific expertise to every project we work on.